Traeger is the first brand to introduce us to wood pellet grills. The brand has redefined itself with its modern and convenient features of With Traegers Ironwood series. Are you looking for the best Traeger for the money? Has the Traeger Ironwood 885 caught your interest? Then our Traeger pellet smoker review will surely be a helpful one.
Traeger took almost 30 years to come up with the Ironwood series after its debut of original pellet grills. If a cook goes through its enhanced feature, he will certainly admit that the wait was really worth it. D2 Direct Drive, constant temperature control, double-layered insulation took this grill to a new level.
In order to meet your curiosity, we have come up with Traeger ironwood 885 review & other necessary guidelines. So, go through the content and decide for yourself right away!
Traeger pellet smoker review: Check The Detailed Features Now!
Traeger aims to provide the perfect test of wood pellets. That’s why they have come up with Traeger ironwood 885, which has accurate temperature control. Its WiFIRE technology and Traeger app have modernized the overall cooking process. As its temperature won’t fluctuate over time, cooks can rely on it for outdoor BBQ parties. Moreover, the modern D2 drivetrain ensures high-quality smoke to enjoy enriched flavors.
Traeger Grills Ironwood 885 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker with WiFIRE
Power Source: Wood
Dimensions: 53″x 27″x 47″.
Weight: 198.6 lbs.
Grate Material: Porcelain.
Cooking Capacity: 885 square inches.
Temperature range: (160° – 500°)F.
- It is a versatile device that features smoking, baking, roasting, braising, grilling, and BBQ in one tool.
- The porcelain-coated grills are super convenient to clean and maintain.
- Using the WiFire technology, a cook can easily connect the Ironwood smoker to his WiFi & Traeger app. So, remote cooking has become easier than ever before. He can even try Alexa to use voice commands.
- Its double-walled insulation has improved temperature consistency. So, the overall temperature won’t fluctuate even in cold weather.
- The brand has equipped the Ironwood series with a pellet sensor to monitor the pellet level from time to time.
- Modern D2 Direct Drive lets the users experience more powers & flavors at once!
What Does The Customer Like?
- The modern D2 drivetrain has increased the smoker’s efficiency by better heat distribution.
- The overall smoker is quite durable.
- Its turbo temp assists in heating the smoker quickly.
- WiFIRE technology offers better control of the temperature.
- The Traeger app has an enhanced overall monitoring system.
- Its super smoke mode offers extended smoke production to enjoy mouth-watering BBQ.
- The Convection fans create a smoke vortex for rich flavors.
- Its Downdraft exhaust system ensures even distribution of smoke throughout the food.
- The meat probes assist in monitoring the internal temperature of the meat.
What Does The Customer Dislike?
- The grates are not made of stainless steel.
- The grease management system is not so efficient as the expensive Timberline series.
- The highest grilling temperature is around 500°F.
Why Would I Invest In The Traeger Ironwood 885?
After going through our detailed Traeger ironwood 885 reviews, I believe you will admit that it is an incredible pellet grill & smoker. In fact, I would say it is the best Traeger grill for the money. Let’s check the basic criteria for which we have considered it the best within budget!
Traeger Ironwood is a high-quality smoker which is made of powder-coated steel. The company has offered double-walled insulation in the interior. So, maintaining the temperature even in cold weather is a piece of cake. It’s great that we can see stainless shelves and handles even in this price range. This sturdy item is super easy to assemble. Its overall construction will provide the comfort and reliability you would prefer.
Do you want to enjoy the rich smoky flavor of BBQ? Traeger Ironwood series will provide the perfect smoke your heart is craving. Its D2 controller, precise temperature control & Downdraft exhaust system have ensured even smoke distribution. So, you can enjoy rich wood-fired flavors just like an offset smoker.
The overall capacity of the Ironwood 885 is pretty incredible. Its grates feature an 885 square inches cooking area to serve meals to large families. Moreover, the bottom rack is almost double compared to the top one. So, even if it’s a large party, you will have enough space for grilling.
Modern WiFIRE technology has taken temperature control to the next level. Connect the smoker to home WiFi and control the smoker by the Traeger app. This modern technology can even co-operate with Alexa or Google Assistant.
Without proper heat distribution, you can’t enjoy the perfect smokey BBQ. Modern Traeger Ironwood smoker features Downdraft Exhaust System with Tru Convection fans, ensuring even heat distribution in the interior.
Traeger Ironwood 885 features a hopper clean-out door for easy cleaning & maintenance. Now altering unused pellets has become easier than ever before. Users can also clean up the porcelain grates & interior by scraping and with soapy water and clothes.
Traeger offers a 3-years warranty in their Ironwood series. However, beware of purchasing it from the official Traeger amazon store.
Q:1. Does the Traeger Ironwood 885 come with a meat probe?
Ans: Yes, Traeger Ironwood 885 smoker features a meat probe that can easily measure the internal temperature of the meat. The probe is quite efficient and shows the precise interior temperature. Moreover, the meat probe system is connected with D2 Direct Drivetrain. So, Chefs can even monitor meat’s temperature from the Traeger app.
Q:2. Can you grill on a Traeger 885?
Ans: Yes, the Traeger 885 from Ironwood series can be used for grilling as well. It’s a versatile smoker which will produce a maximum 500°F temperature to grill several dishes. The meals won’t have direct access to the flames. We would suggest placing the porcelain grills to the lowest portion for the highest heat exposure.
Q: 3. What is the best Traeger for the money?
Ans: The Traeger Ironwood series is the best out there within budget. It offers more versatility, better features & larger capacity than the pro series. Also, it is not as expensive as the Timberline series.
No one can deny the fact that Traeger is one of the best smoker manufacturers out there. Its Ironwood series has taken smoking to a new level. I believe our ironwood 885 review has answered all of your queries.
Traeger ironwood 885 is a highly durable pellet smoker with modern & enhanced features. As its temperature mostly remains consistent, the smoker needs almost no babysitting. Just set the smoker and be busy with other chores. It really doesn’t need your constant attention, Like other budget smokers. So why won’t you invest in a high-quality smoker like Traeger Ironwood 885?